As we are approaching the end of the academic year, I thought I would share some things that might support through the summer break and before returning back to school.
At LHS we follow the White Rose Maths scheme of learning. As you know, they have provided some valuable math resources to help with Home Learning since lockdown. White Rose Math is excited to have produced a range of work booklets for parents and children to use over the summer (or during next year).
These booklets can be found (free) on Amazon for the Kindle:
or downloaded from:
There is one booklet for each of the blocks for Y1 to Y6. You may wish to use them over the summer to help support your child's math. You may decide to begin with the year group your child has just finished and then judge whether your child would benefit from a younger age group or help prepare for the year group they are going into in September.
Another big focus for returning in September for Key Stage 2 will be on times tables. Please try to focus on learning these as best as you can (including the division facts).
Websites that may be useful:
- Hit the button
- songs and rhymes from youtube.
I am sure your new teacher in September will be super impressed!
We follow the White Rose scheme for mathematics. To-date we have learned the following units of learning:
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Measurement: Money
- Statistics: Tables, Pictograms, Tally Charts and Bar Charts
- Measurement: Length and Perimeter
There are a variety of ways you can continue to practise these skills:
- Mathletics - children have their individual log in/password. Tasks and games will be set by Class Teacher to complete. www.mathletics.com
- Mathletic booklets on Addition and Subtraction and Multiplication and Division. These were handed out to your children as part of their Home Learning Pack. You could complete a couple of tasks a day.
- White Rose varied fluency/reason and problem solving - These will be differentiated for Circles, Triangles and Squares.
- Daily Challenge - Go to the daily challenge page for short maths questions.
- Study Ladder - Your child has been set up with their own studyladder account and should use their own user name and password. www.studyladder.co.uk
To practise your times tables you could use
- Topmarks - www.topmarks.co.uk
- Hit the Button
Times Tables Rockstars and Numbots
I have signed the class up to Times Tables Rockstars and Numbots, which is a times tables and mathematics website you might want to try. To get your personal log in and password, please send me an email and I reply with your details.
Flashback 4/Rapid Reasoning
These are quick fluency questions that test your knowledge on skills we have learnt this year in Mathematics.
Start with Day 1 and then work at your own pace, completing one each day if your can.