Pine – Reception and Year 1
Topic Web - King of the castle - Year 1 - Summer 1
Topic Web - Year 1 - Spring 2 - Life-Cycles & Going Green
Friday 4th February 2022 - Home Learning
Year 1 - Sorry! I have just realised you do not have access to Tapestry (we have just started to use it in Reception). Please send any work to my email address as follows:
I look forward to seeing your work.
I have uploaded some of the activities that we would be learning about in class today, to complete at home. The activities are both a mixture of; new activities, follow up activities and revision activities, covering the learning objectives that we have been thinking about in class this week.
As a parent myself, I know home learning is no easy task, even for teachers! If your child does not want to do 'school' at home or is getting frustrated and finding it tricky; please just do as much or as little as you and your child are able to do. (Of course, they may love learning at home and want to do more!). We try to turn learning into a game or fun experience as much as possible and learning can always go off on a tangent, which is great too! I would love to see your child's work, so please do upload them to Tapestry so I can see what they have been learning today and respond to you and them too. Any questions, please ask.
Best wishes and stay safe,
- Watch the Powerpoint 'Phase 2' . Say the sounds on each page
- This week we have been learning the letter sounds 'j,v,w and y'.
- Can you say each sound?
- Can you think of any words that begin with or have one of the sounds in them? Can you search in your house for any objects that have any of the above sounds in the word? Can you say the word and listen to the sound? Can you write the word?
- Can you find a little flour and practice forming each of the letters in flour?
- Can you read and write the fiollowing words in sand or using a pencil; jet, jam, vet, van, win, web, yes, yum.
- Can you read the following sentences and draw a picture to match the sentence: The sun is hot. The van went up the hill. The jet got wet. For a challenge... The van will chug up the long hill. The shops sells fish and chips.
- Can you play the game 'buried treasure'. Can you put the nonsense words in the bin and the real words in the treasure chest.
Year 1 -
- Watch the power point 'Phase 4 blends and clusters. Say each word.
- Can you write the following cvcc words: hand, jump, paint, burnt, spoon, spark, and some more tricky ones, if you can: sandpit, lunchbox, floating, starlight.
- Write a sentence to match each of the captions below.
- Can you play buried treasure. Can you put the nonsense words in the bin and the real words in the treasure chest.
This week we have been learning about "Chinese New Year'. Can you recall the story of the animals and retell it to someone at home? (I have attached some Chinese New Year stick puppets and masks if you would like to make these to help you to act out the story).
- Watch the powerpoint 'Chinese New Year' and talk about it with someone in your house. Think about the ways that Chinese New year is celebrated. Here are a few ways:
- Preparing your house/decorating with lanterns.
- Eating together, eating special foods.
- Giving red money envelopes.
- Wear new clothes.
- Go to the temple to worship Gods (if you area able to)
- Visit family and friends
- Dragon dances
Reception - Can you write 1-3 simple sentences to say how it is celebrated, e.g. 'People go to visit family'.....this may look like this 'pl go to vst fml', this is great...its spelling phonetically! You can spell the tricky words for your child but please encourage them to use their sounds to sound out other words. (Please note that we are moving onto digraphs very soon, e.g ee, sh, th etc so you can also show your child how to write these.)
Year 1 - Please write at least 6 sentences (more if you can!) Make sure you use a capital letter at the beginning and a full stop at the end. Please encourage your child to spell tricky words correctly and practice writing them if they are unsure.
I have attached some Chinese New Year paper for you to write the sentences in.
- Watch the powerpoint "Cherry's flowerpots'. Can you count the flowers in the garden?
- Can you do 10 star jumps, can you wiggle your nose 15 times, can you clap your hands 18 times, can you walk on your toes 20 times. What else can you do and count?
This week we have been thinking about the numbers 9 and 10. Can you search in your house and find these numbers around your house, e.g. on a clock, on a computer. To extend yourself... What other numbers can you find? If you find a larger number , can you count to that number? How many tens in the larger number?
- Can you investigate the different ways that numbers 9 and 10 can be represented, e.g. collect 10 toys and put them in a row, collect 10 leaves and put them in 2 rows of 5, collect 10 raisins and put them in groups of 2. Do they always make 9/10?
- Can you investigate using the numicon cut out sheet different ways that 9 and 10 can be made using two pieces (number bonds) e.g. 2 and 8, 5 and 5. Can you either stick them together or take a photo of your work.
- Finally! Can you practice writing number 9 and 10. You can write all the numbers from 0-10 or even 10-20, if you wish. You can write them in flour, jam or even shaving foam if you prefer!
- This week we have been learning about counting tens and ones to 50.
- Watch the white rose maths video below on tens and ones.
- Can you cut out the pieces on the sheet titled 'Tens and ones', muddle the different amounts up and then put them back together. You can draw these if you do not have a printer.
If you would like to do more... I have included an extra worksheet on ‘Tens and Ones’ too.
A little fun for the afternoon!
Can you make a Chinese dragon. Cut and colour the head and tail and fold 2 long stripes of paper over each other to create its body. Finally, add two lollysticks/sticks/straws to make the dragon dance!
Put on the song 'I wanna be like you' and show your adult at home the jungle dance you have practiced so far. Parents/Carers... There will be more to follow so this is a little preview... you will get to see the final version either on video or hopefully, live!
Finally! Print yourself off or draw a star of the week certificate because you have been a true shinning, sparking star today (and maybe one for your adult too!). Well done everyone, see you next Wednesday.
Topic Web- Carnival of Animals- Spring 1- Reception
Topic Web - Carnival of the Animals - Spring 1 - Year 1
Topic Web Autumn 2- Reception- 'High in the Sky'
Topic Web - Autumn 2 - Year 1 'High in the Sky'
Topic Web - Autumn 1 / 2021 - Reception
Topic Web - Autumn 1 / 2021 - Year 1
Sport's Day - Thursday 15th July 2021
Egg and Spoon Race
Hoops and beanbags
Welcome to Pine Class!
We are a Reception and Year 1 class.
Mrs Hickman and Mrs Nicholson are our teachers. Our primary teaching assistants are Mrs Brichieri-Colombi, Mrs Warwick and Mrs Gilbey.
In Reception we learn how to play together, take turns and share fairly. We also learn how to look after each other and all the lovely things in our classroom. Our teachers helps us to develop early literacy, communicative and mathematical skills as well as having opportunities to develop creative and physical skills and develop an understanding of the world around us. In year 1, we build on the skills we have learnt in reception (and at home!) and provide the children with a broad and balanced curriculum, encompassing the various subjects of the National Curriculum.
We are very lucky to have our own garden so that we can play and learn outside, as well as using the rest of the school grounds. We also have an adventure playground, a stage in the outdoor classroom and a large field to play on.
We have PE every Monday. Please bring trainers into school on this day.
We will be setting homework on DB primary when we feel he children are ready. Details on this to follow.
We are looking forward to a fun and educational and year.
Topic Web- Reception- Summer 2
Topic Web - Summer 2 - Year 1
Topic Web - Year 1/Summer 1 - People Who Help Us
Topic Web- Reception- Spring 2
Topic Web - Year 1 - Spring 2
To support the children in their learning of the English curriculum, we use a tool called ‘Talk for Writing’ in school. In children’s own words and as a whole class, the children help to retell a story using a series of pictures and actions. Consequently, the children use the pictures and actions to retell the story, in the correct order, independently.
Unfortunately, this year we have been unable to perform a live nativity in school in the way we usually do. We have also sadly had limited time before Christmas in school. Therefore, we have put together a short video of the children performing the Christmas story using the children’s own words and actions. The children have also been learning a few songs for you too. Please follow the link. We hope you enjoy it, we had lots of fun creating it for you!
Wishing all our families a very happy Christmas and New Year
From all the Pine class staff. 🎄
A BIG THANK YOU!
Thank you so much to everyone for all our wonderful Christmas cards, messages and vouchers.
It is very kind and thoughtful of everyone. Thank you too for your children's positive energy, enthusiasm and resilience this term, we have thoroughly enjoyed teaching all of them.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year.
All of the Pine class staff
Phase 2 and 3 Sounds
Here are some resources to help your child throughout their reception year. In normal circumstances we would prepare these resources for you, e.g. cutting out sounds and laminating them etc for multiple uses. However, due to the covid 19 pandemic we have added them to the website as an alternative. We would encourage you to share the resources with your child throughout the Summer too as this will help to prepare your child when they start school.