Where and what is my child's homework?
What homework should I be doing and for how long?
(updated for Autumn 2021)
Listed below is the homework regularly set for children in Wrens class. The time guide is an average.
- Reading every day - 10 minutes
- Spellings every day - 10 minutes
- Mathletics at least 3 times a week - 10 minutes (logins for new pupils coming soon).
Note: Sing along times table could easily be done in the car on the way to or from school.
Spelling test - every Friday
Tables test - every Wednesday
- Children are encouraged to read and change their books regularly. Books chosen should be enjoyable.
- Pupils should log onto Mathletics at least three times a week and complete set tasks.
- There is a spelling test each Friday. Look under the 'current spellings' tab and select from one of the three different lists of spellings available.
- Children will be notified if there is other work to complete, for example on DB Primary.