Lesson Five - Extended Writing Part 1
LO: to plan a backstory
SC1: I plan setting(s);
SC2: I plan and describe protagonist(s);
SC3: I choose whether I should have an antagonist;
SC4: I introduce some tension, conflict or dilemma;
SC5: I plan a problem that can be resolved in some way;
SC6: I plan how the problem might be resolved (or unresolved);
SC7: I consider possible endings, including happy endings or twists.
Tricky: Use a story mountain (BBC example).
Trickier: Your own choice of planning (see my teaching video).
Trickiest: Story Planner (paid site with partial access) to explore approaches to planning.
Watch my teaching introduction video first (see below).
1) Complete your character map.
2) Choose a planning template for one or more characters.
3) Consider different plots for a backstory.
4) Use your planning template to map out ideas for a narrative.
5) Record your planning ideas on the DB Primary forum.