L.O. to appraise and respond (to art and design)
1) Please look carefully at 'Battle of Britain' by Paul Nash. It can be found on this page and in the slideshow on the previous page. It can also be found towards the bottom of this page alongside other art by Paul Nash.
2) What are your first impressions of this art work? How does it make you feel? What does it make you think?
3) Do you like this art work? It is OK to have an opinion, so long as you express it respectfully. Justify your point of view.
4) Describe the art work. What can you see? What do you think you would see if you could zoom further in? What if you could zoom further out? What if you could look around you? What details can you see?
5) What colours and shapes has the artist used? How do you think he has created his art work?
6) Evaluate this art work. Do you think it is important? Why? Where should this work be placed? Where should it be displayed? Who should see it?